The work of this section are as follows:
- To support the Ministry of Health and Population to prepare national policy, strategy, directories, criteria, protocols regarding maternal and Newborn health.
- To assist in survey / research related to maternal and Newborn Health.
- To provide technical assistance to the national and regional policy by analyzing maternal and newborn health conditions.
- Based on national policy, international guidance and territorial needs, to facilitate new programs related to maternal and newborn health
- To coordinate and implement technological issues with the state, local level and stakeholders.
- Coordinated and cooperative for implementing national priority programs of Maternal and Newborn.
- Necessary support to the regional and local level to enhance the quality of services through the expansion of emergency 24-hour service.